2020 Kid's Camp Welcome Letter
Dear Parents & Guardians of BTC Summer Campers,
Hello, and welcome to the Burlington Tennis Club summer camp program for 2020. We hope this letter finds you and your family well during this unprecedented time. As we begin the new season, we would like to welcome all of our new summer families and would also like to extend a great welcome back to each of our alumni families! Our staff will do their best to introduce your children to arts, athletics, fitness, adventure and more. The dedicated staff at Burlington Tennis Club is looking forward to having another great season.
I would like to welcome you personally, and take a moment to introduce myself. My name is Amanda Anderson and I am the BTC Camp Director. This is my first year with BTC, and I am so thrilled to have joined the family here. I understand that these are uncertain and unsettling times, and it is my utmost priority to ensure safety and happiness in our camps and campers this season. I have been maintaining a pulse on the federal and local policies, and reading CDC and American Camp Association guidelines as they emerge. I am confident that your children will be able to enjoy our summer program while keeping themselves and each other as safe as possible.
Our Camp Policies:
IMPORTANT CAMP POLICIES (Covid-19): Please Read!
This document further details our policies on and adjustments to COVID-19. Feel free to email me with any questions you may have.
The Camp Manual includes our Mission Statement, Program Overview, Contacts, Summer 2020 Camp Dates, information regarding Registration and Payment, Refund and Cancellation Policy, Tax Information, Facilities, Camp Information, and Policies and Procedures.
Here are some things your child should bring with them to camp:
- Tennis racket (contact Junior Tennis Director Megan Collins is you need a loaner)
- Bug spray
- A lunch
- A refillable water bottle
- A change of clothes
- Sunglasses or a hat (optional)
If participating in swimming, your child should bring:
- A swimsuit, and a bag or container to put their wet swimsuit in
- A towel
- Goggles, earplugs, swim cap, nose plug
- A small personal cooler to keep lunch and drinks cold
Your child does NOT need to bring:
- Shampoo, conditioner, or other bath items; the indoor showers will be off-limits
- Toys, trading cards, or electronic devices; there will be plenty to do at camp, and these items are discouraged from being brought to camp. If your child uses certain fidget/comfort items to accommodate for a need, just let me know and such a need will not be interfered with.
**Check-in will be located outside of the big white tent at the end of the parking lot.**
Wishing you happy and healthy days,
BTC Camp Director