2021 VERMONT SWIM ASSOCIATION CHAMPIONSHIP
August 7 & 8, 2021
Upper Valley Aquatic Center (UVAC)
100 Arboretum Lane
White River Junction, VT
Directions to UVAC
Key Changes vs Prior Years
- Spectators will not be allowed within the facility.
- EVERYONE INDOORS WILL WEAR MASKS.
- That includes swimmers, coaches, officials, and parent workers. Bring extra masks in case one gets wet!
- All events for a swimmer are in the same session and on one day.
- This increases the number of swims for a swimmer in one day.
- Restrooms will be provided for spectators outside.
- No program or heat sheets at event!
- Please print the heat sheet links below.
- Use the Meet Mobile Swim App to check on events, heats, lanes, psych sheets, and results. Download to your mobile & search for VSA 2021 State Championship; there is a small fee.
- Watch the LIVE STREAM on UVAC’s free YouTube channel; recordings will be available after the session as well.
When/Where Do I Need to Arrive?
- Upper Valley Aquatic Center, 100 Arboretum Lane, White River Junction, VT 05001
- BTC Tent will be located behind the UVAC building outside; it's our home base for the meet.
- Please review this chart to see when you need to arrive for your session(s).
- Info Links
- Upper Valley Aquatic Center (UVAC). White River Junction, VT
- All parking will be onsite, anyone attending should follow the instructions of parking attendants.
- There will be no charge to participants for parking this year.
- Please carpool as much as possible. No shuttle service is available.
- BTC Team Setup
- BTC will have a tent in the field behind UVAC - this is our home base for the meet!
- If you have a tent, please bring and consider sharing so swimmers are out of the sun.
- Swimmer Eligibility
- No qualify times or meet attendance requirement.
- Family Responsibilities
- Families are responsible for the supervision of their swimmers - coaches are focused on getting the next group of swimmers into the pool deck and will NOT be providing supervision for the swimmers hanging out waiting for their events.
- Families need with to be with their young swimmers at all times, except when an event is happening of course . Young swimmers cannot just be dropped off at BTC Tent and be on their own.
- Bring a sharpie! Families are expected to buy or borrow a program to know the event order of the session + the events in which swimmer in entered; please be sure to write the events #, heat#, & lane # on swimmer's arm with a sharpie - older swimmers can help.
Entries & Participation
- We CANNOT make changes!
- Entries were selected based on a combination of swimmer availability, how BTC can best maximize team points for the championship, and events the coaches & your swimmer felt s/he/they should swim.
- We completely understand that life happens, but please try not be be the cause of a relay team being unable to swim - three teammates left standing on the pool deck will be very sad.
- If a swimmer doesn't show up for an event, we also forfeit the fee and the opportunity to let another swimmer compete in that event.
- If you need to discuss your participation with Coach Marisa ...
- Healthy Swimmers
- Swimmers, please stay hydrated, eat well, and get plenty of rest this week!
- Get Excited!
- Posters will be hung at the BTC Tent!
- Swimmer must wear a BTC cap! Please get your BTC caps this week during BTC office hours.
- Swimmer should wear BTC Swimsuit if owned.
- Swimmer should wear BTC Swim team T-shirt.
- BTC will not be selling goggles - please be sure you have a backup pair; there will also be a vendor selling goggles & other swim gear.
2019 Results - Reference Only!
2021 MEET SCHEDULE
DUAL MEET ARRIVAL TIME
4:45pm for Home Meets
5:00pm for Away Meets
* Please consider 'rush hour' traffic during your planning ...
After the meets, go to Al’s Frys! It’s a CVSL tradition for families to go to Al’s after meets ...
younger swimmers can grab an ice cream at the outside window so they don’t stay up too late.
||@ St. Albans
|| TEST Makeup
|| St. Albans Invitational
||@ St. Albans
99 Aldis St.
St. Albans, VT
10 & Under Session
11 & Up Session
| 8/ 7 & 8
|| VSA State Championship
|| Upper Valley Aquatic Center
100 Arboretum Ln
White River Junction, VT
Marisa Mulligan Cardin email Coach Marisa if making a change more than 48 hours before a meet!
Meet Entries 101 aka why coaches MUST know who is attending a meet 48 hours before the meet!
Below, you will find typical practice group guidelines. During the first week of practice, coaches will evaluate swimmers and recommend the appropriate practice for the optimal swim team experience for your swimmer.
- Confident in the water
- Can swim ½ length of the pool unassisted
- Has a desire to be on a competitive team
- 1 lap of freestyle
- 1 lap of backstroke
- 2 laps each of freestyle + backstroke
- 1 lap each of breaststroke + butterfly
- 2 laps of each stroke
- Ability to handle the practices
Ready for Team?
We can help you figure out the right place for your children, be it on the swim team, or in lessons ... we encourage you to discuss your questions with the coaches - email@example.com.
We understand that summer swim team isn't the only thing on family calendars so we want to work with you to find a schedule that best allows your swimmer(s) to feel part of the team while still being able to participate in other interests. It's OK to miss a week or two of swim to go to summer camp .
For practice, swimmers can wear any competitive swimsuit & cap; the BTC Team Swimsuit & Cap are for the meets.
2021 REGULAR SEASON PRACTICES
June 21 - July 30
Monday – Friday
- 8:00-9:30am Advanced
- 9:30-10:30am Intermediate
- 10:30-11am Beginner
- 11-11:30am Junior
Monday and Wednesday Evening Practice Option
- 5:00-6:00pm Advanced/Intermediate/Beginner (no Junior)
- ONLY for swimmers unable to attend morning session due to camp, job, appts. etc.
"Friday Fun Day" Practice
- Each practice group will participate in fun relays, games, and team building activities.
- A prepackaged breakfast snack will be provided at the end of each practice.
Practice Cancellation Policy
- If practice is cancelled, we will notify swim team families via email the morning of.
- Thunderstorms & /or lightning- No practice!
- If it is raining, please bring exercise + casual clothes - we will focus on dryland activities & exercises.
- If something unexpected happens, we will do our best to provide an update on the status of practice in a timely manner.
SignUpGenius - Please Volunteer
BTC Swim Team Volunteering
All families are required to work volunteer assignments at every meet, all season!
- It takes over 70 people to run a successful home swim meet!
- Each family will select a volunteer task or be assigned a job at each meet, home & away!
- For home meets, each family is expected to contribute to the Home Meet Snack Bar - our ONLY fundraising for the special events & activities!
Typical volunteer assignments
- Timing (use stopwatch to record times)
- Home Meet Snack Bar (team fundraiser)
- 50-50 Raffle (home meets only, sell lots of raffle tickets!)
- Bull Pen (organize swimmers by event, heat, and lane)
- Heat Winner Ribbons (hand out ribbons to each heat winner)
- Runner (bring info to timers, then to scorers)
- Scorer (work with others to tally the scores for each event/total for meet)
- BTC Swim Team Volunteering
- SignUpGenius - Please Volunteer
Stroke & Turn Officials are needed! Please consider this volunteer role!
- We are in need of additional stroke & turn officials.
- Each team is required to have officials on deck for meets.
- Competitive swimming experience is NOT required.
- A reminder to our current summer officials – you must re-certify every 2 years.
The BTC Swim Team Committee
- This is a volunteer board - please let us know if you are interested in working “behind the scenes” to help us all have a great summer!
- New families welcome - it's a great way to meet everyone, and we could really use the extra help!
Please use the SignUpGenius system to select a volunteer role!
SWIM MEET EXPECTATIONS
Swimmers in the Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced groups are required to attend a minimum of 3 meets per season.
Ideally, swimmers will compete in as many meets as possible, including the CVSL League and VSA State Meets.
BTC Team Swimsuits are not required, but help promote team unity! Most families get one BTC Team Swimsuit & wash it out between the Tues. & Thurs. meets. Swimmers can wear any competitive swimsuits to practices. Silicone BTC Swim Caps are available for $12.
If you are new to summer swim and decide to go all-in, yes you will spend lots of time at meets, family events, and practice drop-offs/pickups, etc., but it's 8 weeks of incredible fun for the swimmers and the families!
Regular Season Meets, June-July
- Tuesdays and Thursdays
- 4:45pm: Arrival for Home Meets
- 5:00pm: Arrival for Away Meets
- 6:00pm: Start Time
- 8:00pm: Approximate End Time
2019 Champlain Valley Swim League Championship Meet - REFERENCE ONLY
2019 Vermont Swim Association Championship Meet - REFERENCE ONLY
- Swimmer MUST have participated in 3 meets (can include CVSL Championship)!
- MUST ACHIEVE QUALIFYING TIMES!
- Upper Valley Aquatic Center (UVAC), White River Junction, VT
- White River Junction Hotels - TripAdvisor - White River Junction, or use your favorite hotel booking app
- In prior years, there has been a shuttle between UVAC and nearby hotels + 340 N. Hartford Rd, White River Junction, VT
- VSA 19 Meet Invite/Full Meet Info
Please help the coaches, your swimmer(s), and the entire BTC Swim Team family by carefully reading the following information about how the swim meet entries work and the essential role the swim team families play in preparing for the meets.
Meet Entries 101
This is what coaches have for the 2019 Projected Meet Attendance based on the swimmer info forms 2019 Projected Meet Attendance
If summer plans have changed and your swimmer is either able or unable to participate in a swim meet vs. what is listed on this chart, please let Coach Marisa know ASAP.
- Marisa Cardin email Coach Marisa if more than 48 hours before a meet!
- 610.952.8060 text or call Coach Marisa if fewer than 48 hours before a meet!
The coaches REALLY need your cooperation with proactive communication about any changes in meet attendance - thank you!
2021 SWIM TEAM FEES
Fee includes a Team T-shirt!
During the lead up to the start of the season, we welcome non-BTC members on the Swim Team! If you will not be joining us as a BTC member this summer, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to connect with our coaches.
|Swimmer is a BTC member
||1st Swimmer in family
||2nd Swimmer in family
||3rd Swimmer in family
||4th Swimmer in family
|Swimmer is a BTC Member:
||Fee per Swimmer
|Swimmer is not a BTC member
|Long Course Non-Member*
* Long Course: this is for swimmers who train year-round/practice with their USA Swimming Club in the summer and join BTC for the Meets and some Friday Fun Practices & Brunches.
ONLINE ORDER PROCESS:
Go to Varsity Swim Team Gateway
Team Login: BTC (case sensitive)
Team Password: BARRACUDAS (case sensitive)
- Order will include Shipping Fee
- Some suit sizes may be sold out
If you were not able to attend a try on session, please measure & size your swimmer using:
Female Swimsuit Sizing
Male Swimsuit Sizing
* BTC Team Swimsuits are not required, but help promote team unity! Most families get one BTC Team Swimsuit & wash it out between the Tues. & Thurs. meets. Swimmers can wear any competitive swimsuits to practices.
Silicone BTC Swim Caps available for $12.
WHY SWIM TEAM
WHAT IS SWIM TEAM?
- 8 Weeks of action-packed fun for the whole family, early June to early August!
- Swim Meets against teams in our Champlain Valley Swim League (CVSL)
WHY SWIM TEAM?
- Learn a lifelong sport!
- Learn valuable life lessons!
WHY BTC SWIM TEAM?
- Heated pool … No shivering, cranky swimmers!
- Camaraderie & support across all ages (4-18) & skill levels!
- Fun for the adults also … it's a very inclusive atmosphere!
“The coaches, volunteers, and older swimmers foster a close-knit team that creates a sense of belonging. I love that our team takes the time to infuse fun activities like brunch, weekly awards, Friday fun practice with mixed age groups, and special events like movie night.”
The BTC Swim Team provides a competitive swimming team experience in a fun and positive social atmosphere. The team serves swimmers of all abilities ranging from beginner to advanced.
Our team is led by Head coach Marisa Cardin. Our coaches are committed to providing exceptional instruction while promoting good sportsmanship and self-confidence.
Although participating on swim team will improve a child’s ability to swim, the BTC swim program is not designed for children who are looking for swimming lessons; please see the information below on the typical practice groups.
BTC Swim Team FAQs
BTC Summer Swim Meets 101
Summer Swim Dual Meet Event Order
Home Meet Snack Bar 101