The Club Championship 2017 … a chance for fame, glory, and your name on one of the big boards.
Want to win a free Single Tennis-Only membership for next year? Sign up for the club tournament by June 30th and you will be entered in a raffle to win one! Draws and match deadlines will be posted on July 3rd. Format will depend on the number of entries in each draw and we guarantee at least 2 matches per entrant. And for all you spectators, the A finals matches will be held right before the Ad-Out party on September 17th.
- 7/3 Registration Deadline
- 7/4 Draws Posted
- 7/24 First Round Deadline
- 8/14 Second Round Deadline
- 8/28 Third Round Deadline
- 9/17 Finals Day & Ad-Out Party
If you have any questions, please e-mail Errol Nattrass.
The fee for 2017 is $10 base, + $10 for each singles draw you enter, + $15 for each doubles/mixed team entry (only 1 person pays). Each player will receive a cool BTC gift for entering and the division winners and runners up each earn an awesome award.
- Fees must be paid with entry form.
- Open to “full” club members only (i.e., corporate members must upgrade; no “guest” members).
- Previous winner of “B” division tournaments cannot play “B” for the following two seasons, except those ages 55 and over. However, previous winners of the doubles “B” divisions, may play in the “B” draw with a different partner.
- Junior singles players or junior doubles teams entering adult tournament must play in “A” division. If a junior plays doubles with an adult, the team must play in the “A” division.
- Draws will be posted on July 3rd and all matches must be played before the posted deadline. Divisions with less than 4 entries may be cancelled. If a round robin format is used, matches must be completed by the closing date of the round robin, Small flights (less than 6 entries) may use a round robin format at the discretion of the tournament director. Deadlines will be indicated on the draw sheets. The tournament committee reserves the right to schedule all finals.
- If a match is not completed in the allotted time (1 1⁄2 hours), and the court is reserved, arrangements should be made to complete the match at a time agreeable to both teams and before the posted deadline.
- Players are requested to play rained-out matches indoors when necessary to meet a posted deadline. The expense of the indoor court is to be shared by those playing in the match.
- Each player/team must bring a can of new balls to their first round matches and first round consolation matches. The winner will advance with a new can. The loser keeps the old can.
- Scoring is best of 2/3 sets. The 12-point tie-breaker will be used when any set reaches 6-all in games.
- Awards will be presented to the winners, runners-up and consolation winners at the Annual Meeting/Ad-out party in September.
Please play your matches by the scheduled deadline!